I think that every one will be excited to know that there is a "update" to the ibmdb2 storage engine.

The update forces the library(schema) and file(table) to be UPPERCASE if the MySQL code is installed in a case insensitive file system, ie *not /QOpenSys
no need to change your MySQL code.

The code for the storage engine are on the YiPs site ( http://174.79.32.155/wiki/MySql/DB2StorageEngine )

I spent some time getting it to compile on the i (that was a treat) and then found it was included with the latest ZendServer code.

I think this is a big advancement. I truly hated the "library" and "filename" issues.

here are some snippets from the release notes:
* MySql IBMDB2i Storage update for MySQL 5.1.50 (see "Resolved Issues" section for more details)

MySql IBMDB2i Storage
Fixes for better IBM i interoperability:
- Force UPPER case when installed in IFS case insensitive file system (ie. Zend default install is case insensitive /usr/local/mysql)
- Add support for zoned decimal like mysql numeric(12,2).

Installation instructions
- Stop MySQL daemon
- Rename /usr/local/mysql/lib/plugin/ha_ibmdb2i.so.0.0.0 to ha_ibmdb2i.so.0.0.0_old
- Copy /usr/local/zendsvr/bin/ha_ibmdb2i.so.0.0.0 to /usr/local/mysql/lib/plugin

Note: If the user wants to regain full control over MySql created UPPER/"lower" case, the entire Zend MySql installation must be moved
to a case sensitive IFS file system (ie. start with /QOpenSys/).

--
Bryan