As a security professional I'll point out that there is legit concern if the
i-based solution were to keep database, apps, and web services on a single
LPAR. By definition the database server would be in the outer DMZ as that's
where the web servers have to reside to be visible to the outside world.
Regardless of the inherent security of the apps and underlying platform,
from an architecture standpoint that would be bad and goes against secure
design practices.

Of course that can be mitigated by placing the web server on a different
LPAR or physical system than the app/db layers. So the platform comparison
should be be between IIS on a dedicated Windows instance (physical or VM) v.
Apache on a dedicated i instance (physical or LPAR). Both scenarios
segregate the web server from the back-end app & db layers. And both add
cost and/or admin overhead v. putting everything on a single box.

But honestly, that's not even the comparison that needs to be made. The
content tools & apps that will drive the new site should determine the
underlying web server technology and from there the platform decision is
easier as it's the platform that the web server tech runs on. This is
somewhat complicated since Apache runs on most everything but you could make
a decent case for the comparison to be limited to IIS V. Apache-on-i.

You may even find that a blended approach is best.
IIS/SharePoint-on-Windows for the static content, CRM, etc. supplemented by
an SSO-enabled hand-off to Apache-on-i for the i-centric stuff.