Why would you describe a rich client built with a tried and trusted javascript library as "fragile"?

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of john e
Sent: 11 January 2011 09:08
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Turning green-screen apps into web apps

For robust business apps i wouldn't choose a fragile Javascript/jQuerysolution on the client side. Instead, especially if Java is already used inthe back-end, GWT would be an ideal solution to build the client side.You don't build "pages" in GWT but real ("single page") client apps whichrun in the browser. It's a powerful tool with great integration with thebrowser/HTML/javascript. You can always add some Javascript if necessaryand integrate with jQuery. It also comes with out-of-the-box widgets andit's mature and robust. Development in GWT is in Java, for which powerfuldevtools are available like eclipse, and there is an "eclipse plugin" available.Also, it shields you from all Browser/Javascript quirks and lets you reuseJava code on both the client and the server.