Would a Java web container doing ProgramCalls be viable for you?

I understood you were stateless.

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Kevin Turner
Sent: 5. januar 2011 13:51
To: 'Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Summing up the Icebreak discussion

Just to clarify, I started the discussion because I wanted to try IceBreak
as an alternative to Apache for Renaissance. I have been working on this for
about a day and I am pretty close to getting it working. IceBreak does not
use Apache as a front-end - I am not sure where that assertion comes from. I
am using Icebreak with Renaissance (and therefore all the underlying CGIDEV2
procedures) without any Apache server in the equation at all. I am not using
any of the nice Icebreak runtime compilation stuff at all at the moment - I
simply tell it to call my own routing program via the URL which uses the
Icebreak procedures to get the request data and return the response (instead
of the normal stdin/stdout procedures).

It is too early to tell if this will be a worthwhile exercise or not, but
given that our largest customer has some odd things happening with Apache
(on a very large box under extreme load), and IBM have not been able to
understand why, I am keen to see if there is a viable alternative.