The way I have kept state in the past is to have batch jobs listening to
data queues that are waiting for requests. Then you have a "mother router"
program that sits under Apache listening for requests and marrying them up
with the correct data queue based on the session id passed up from the
client.

I am not sure if that is the same thing being described by IceBreak/Niels,
so I would be interested to hear how they are doing it.

To my knowledge you can't put an activation group to sleep and bring it back
to life when YOU want to (the OS might do it, but not on your command). Nor
do I believe you can inject values into variables within a *MODULE object
(though you can now with RPG Open Access which is one of the main features I
am wanting to try as soon as they get the licensing figured out).

Aaron Bartell