Thanks, Paul. I wasn't sure; I just wanted to point out the comment. You
always have to take those comments with a grain of salt. I was hoping for
some followup, but nobody responded. Glad you know better, because I'm
interested in it now that you say it's PHP5 centric.

Joe

Don't know what Gabor was smoking - the book is based on PHP 5. This is
the second edition - maybe the first edition was PHP 4.

Snippet from the Preface "The object oriented paradigm seems to scare
many PHP developers, and is often
regarded as being off limits to all but the PHP gurus. What this book
will show you is that you don't need a computer science degree to take
advantage of the object oriented features and class libraries available
in PHP 5 today."

BTW - I also highly recommend Sitepoint - I have yet to get a bad book
from them. And I really like the way they market.

And, like Brian, I also carry all of their books on my Kindle. Kool!

Regards

Paul Tuohy
ComCon
www.comconadvisor.com
www.systemideveloper.com

Joe Pluta wrote:
Thanks, Bryce!

I will definitely take advantage of this.

However, I want to caution folks. I read the comments, and one in
particular caught my eye especially considering the conversation we just
had here:

-----
Gábor Sörnyei 6:27 am
The main problem with the PHP Anthology is that it is based on the PHP4
version. The OOP of the version is totally different from the PHP5 wich
is
generally used nowdays. I don't know what the other books/video lesson
offer in terms of the PHP but if they're still using PHP4 then it is
just
waste of money.
-----

This goes directly to my earlier point that lots of what is out there is
PHP4, even though PHP5 is over six years old. The adoption of PHP5 has
been very slow.

Joe

Also for those who don't know... sitepoint.com is a great site for
learning and keeping up with the latest in web development. If you see
any of the other sales at the url Mike provided but are sad you missed
it,
be patient and sign up for the news letter. Last year on Day23 of the
sale they opened up all the previous deals for that day again back to
the
first day of the sale. On Day 24 last year they opened up all PDF
versions of their books for $4.95 a piece. So if you only want 1 of
the
books listed in a bundle, sit tight, you'll get your shot at a great
deal.

Thanks for sharing this Mike. I should have shared this with the
Web400
List long ago :D