From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: 14 December 2010 21:36
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] The ASF Resigns From the JCP Executive Committee

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

This is some serious cool! No joke, I am actually pretty psyched about
this. While obviously PHP isn't my cup of tea, I am very interested in
the concept of a full-featured ERP system. Their MRP system has just
about every feature I could envision, from Kanban to batch balancing. I
didn't see a lot on co-prouct by-product, but they have recipes and I
suspect the functionality is there.

I'd be very interested to see it in action on a full-blown implementation!

Unfortunately open source doesn't mean free, so I wasn't able to look at
the code. But if nothing else, they are very ambitious. This might be
the first real example I've seen of a PHP-based enterprise application.
I'd have to understand the architecture better, but it looks pretty
impressive.

Joe

Oh, Sorry, didn't realize it was my turn to respond. Don't want to let a
good thread go unanswered.

Ok, Joe, Lots of points to choose from...let me see....Ah! Here is a good
one...

I know you love to hold MRP as one of the Holy Grail's of Enterprise
software. I have it on good authority that there is an ERP with an MRP
written in 100% PHP with BOM explosions and the whole nine yards. I am
due to look at it myself in a few weeks so while I do not have firsthand
experience I am cautiously optimistic. A couple of JD Edwards defectors
turned me on to it. I'll see if I can get one of the principles to jump
on this thread and offer insight. Please take a look for yourself:
http://www.openpro.com/home.html

It is available as an implemented solution and also under a SaaS model.

Regards,

Mike

mike.p@xxxxxxxx Cell: (408)679-1011 Office: (630)928-1476

Zend Server for IBM i avilable at