Hopefully all will take these objections into account , and all means
everyone, even Joe!, regardless of the technology mentioned ;-)

It depends. It's one thing to address a specific shortcoming of a
language or platform (such as the fact that Windows destabilizes at high
loads), it's another to use names like WebsFear. You'll note that I don't
typically resort to terms like WinDoze or PHPoop. I don't need to; the
facts usually speak for themselves.

I'm pro-RPG, Java, SQL and EGL, but I didn't get there by accident. I've
programmed in a lot of other environments (heck, I wrote an OS/400
emulator in C for HP/UX). At the end of the day, I haven't found a
non-embedded application I couldn't design and implement effectively with
some combination of those four languages. And since most people on this
list already know one or two of those languages, I very much recommend
they learn the others in the stack over pretty much any other language, if
only from the standpoint of not having unlimited time to learn more
languages. I mean really, I'd love to learn French as well, but I just
don't have the time <grin>.

PHP is fine for what it does. It's just a bad investment, in my opinion.
Windows is fine, as well, but the i is a better place to put enterprise
data and business logic. Again, my opinion.