Can we get off the x is better than y train? Sometimes the IBM i/web
connection happens after another development group (usually web) already has
standardized on a language and the investments are made in said technology.
My guess is that is a major driver in what language gets chosen
for interacting with the IBM i. It may be PHP, Ruby, .NET, or another
language. It is fine to advocate PHP and RPG for business that are just
starting to look into doing this. But don't razz people that have made the
investment long ago.

Aaron, I do agree that if a business is just getting started on the web and
know RPG, they should do RPG. If they _want_ to learn something new, they
can't go wrong with learning PHP and running it on an IBM i. Both have
little investment and time to get an application live.

Lets focus on the technology.

--
Mike Wills
http://mikewills.me