Well said Kelly.

AaronBartell.com
On Dec 9, 2010 6:17 PM, "Kelly Cookson" <KCookson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Obviously, no one needs the heavy iron of an IBM i just to run a web
server with Wordpress installed. One could do it on a much cheaper server.

However, if I'm using PHP on the IBM i anyway, I could distribute the cost
of licensing support for the Zend server by running open source applications
as well. A department that doesn't care what I can do with PHP on the IBM i
might help pay support fees for the IBM i Zend server so they can have a
content management system (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla), a wiki (MediaWiki), a
bulletin board (phpBB3), a survey package (LimeSurvey), a time tracking
package (Kimai Time Tracking), or some other PHP-based package.

Thanks,
Kelly Cookson
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Dot Foods, Inc.
217-773-4486 x12676
www.dotfoods.com

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Maurice O'Prey
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 4:01 PM
To: 'Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: Re: [WEB400] WhoAmI in PHP and getting Wordpress plugins to work
without FTP

Kelly

I have nothing against Wordpress. I should have clarified my point by
saying
'Why run it on an i' or at least predict the Board of Directors reaction
the proposition?

Since Aaron has 'extinguished me' from further communication, and is not
listening, I would point out that the comment was mainly aimed at him and
his attempts! (thankfully he will not reply)

I agree with your point that Wordpress can have commercial benefits.

Regards

Maurice O'Prey (if I have not been filtered that is)