To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc."
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 12/02/2010 01:07PM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Which version of MySQL should be installed with ZendServer CE?

Here is a link to the docs:

http://files.zend.com/help/Zend-Server-IBMi/i5_mysql_installation.htm ;

Mark Murphy
STAR BASE Consulting, Inc.
mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: -----
To: "Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries" <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Kingsley
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 12/02/2010 12:51PM

Would it support the same version as WAMP server does, 5.1.36??

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

I have ZendServer CE up and running successfully on my V6R1 machine and now
want to install MySQL.  My problem is that I am not sure which MySQL
version
to download.

First I went here: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/mysql

That gave me this link from the "Getting Started" tab:
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html

In the dropdown to select the OS I can see IBM AIX, among other OSes, but
not i5/OS.

If I click Archives in the top-left of the page then I can eventually make
my way to this URL which DOES have IBM i5/OS listed:
http://downloads.mysql.com/archives.php?p=mysql-5.0

Is that what I should download?  Note that IBM i5/OS is also listed under
the other versions in the archive area.

Maybe somebody should tell MySQL <cough>Oracle</cough> that it is now named
"IBM i" and not i5/OS :-)

Aaron Bartell
www.MowYourLawn.com/blog <http://www.mowyourlawn.com/blog>
www.OpenRPGUI.com <http://www.openrpgui.com/>