Fantastic update, Peter!

The Rational folks really have tried to make the interface relatively intuitive. They'll be tickled that you were able to navigate the workbench and compile a program with no problems.

Among the things you would learn in an introductory session is how to set up the connection with an initial library list and/or an initial command. But other than that, you're good to get started. Two things to remember: right-click is your friend (it brings up a context-sensitive menu) and ctrl-space is your other friend (it provides content assist). The latter is only available during editing, and you first have to create your outline, but once it's there it's quite handy.

Anyway, welcome to the world of GUI!

Joe

Great. Success.
Since these things rarely work when I'm flying them, I thought I might leave a little RDP blog.

The install...
Used Joe's the link to download the fancy named "IBM Rational Developer for Power Systems V8.0 Evaluation for Multilingual Multplatform", i.e. RDPOWER_8.0_CZPP1ML.zip (1070 Mb)
This took about 33 mins using another PC that has an ADSL broadband connection.
Transferred the zip file to a my PC via a 4Gb memory stick (9 mins)
Unzipped and ran the Launch.exe (using administrator profile of course)
Clicked OK, Next or Install to every prompt and the install was all done in about 10 mins.

The test...
Drilled down thru Start=>Programs=>IBM Software Delivery Platform to start RDP.
Didn't read hardly anything of the getting started stuff (who does) but banged about enough to know I had to make a connection.
Clicked New Connection in the Nav panel and entered my machine name get my machine name added to the Nav panel.
Drilled down thru my machine to Work with Members and banged about for a few mins till I got myself logged in and editing my last RPG compile (sweet)
Added a command which sets my library list via the Library List entry in the Nav panel.
Clicked compile and damn... a compile was submitted and returned with a clean compile (nice one)

Finally...
Used Explore to drilled down to the thru My Computer to the Start Menu and onward to find the RBD shortcut and drag it to my desktop.

Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Cheers, Peter