From what I could find it was around 12/3/10.

How long is the trial period??

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Peter Connell <
Peter.Connell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think I've been confused by the myriads of Rational download links from
which to commence a download of RBD V8, presuming there is a trial version.
Any chance of a link being posted here?

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Monday, 22 November 2010 6:52 p.m.
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Great new Rich UI features in RBD 8

On 11/21/2010 10:22 PM, Peter Connell wrote:
Thanks Joe,

I have to agree that a framework is a more productive environment which
is why I need to begin this journey.
I've just been in need of a little prompting.

In fact, I rewrote the IBM Net.data forum (when it was ditched some years
ago) as a PHP website, using a text editor in CPAN, before Zend ever became
a buzz.
I used Zend Core when first available on V5R3, but mainly to prove I
could write "Hello World'. I haven't touched it since, probably because,
when used as a procedural scripted language, the "keep it simple" deployment
of web pages looks pretty much the same in PHP as Net.data and they ain't
broke yet.

But, now that times are tougher, the priority is being able to
demonstrate to the business that a web app can be delivered and maintained
with as little effort as possible offering a good ROI.
That's where I see RBD 8 entering the play.

I'm pleased that Websphere appears to ride along with it, and while I
must have missed picking up on any discussion on RDPi (whatever that is), I
might give that a go as well.

Here's to short learning curves.

Thanks, Peter

RDPi is my shorthand for Rational Developer for Power System - RPG and
COBOL tooling for the IBM i (or whatever the official IBM name is).
Basically, it's the GUI tooling that replaces SEU and PDM. Like RBD
(the EGL tooling) and indeed all the Rational products, it's based on
Eclipse. You install it using IBM's Installation Manager. If you
install RDPi and RBD together, you have a full end-to-end EGL/RPG
development environment.

Joe

Visit our website www.vedaadvantage.com. It has a new design with improved
navigation and search capabilities; and customer friendly interface with
more relevant insights and solutions to help you make informed decisions.

confidential
or legally privileged information, or both. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived
or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this correspondence in
error, please
immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not
disclose,
copy or rely on any part of this correspondence if you are not the intended
recipient.
except where
the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of
Veda Advantage.
If you need assistance, please contact Veda Advantage on either :-
Australia 1300-921-621 or New Zealand +64 9 367 6200