The VLP is allowed to do open source, but I get your point. Also, if you
have the right "coupon code" you can get it for 4 weeks at a time vs. 2
weeks. Back when I was using it more heavily that really came in handy.

Nathan's idea of a coop for a machine is actually a really good one to get
the price/month down - provided somebody is willing to host it on an
internet connection that has a decent pipe. If you split an entry level 520
(or 720 now, I believe) 5 ways, you would come to about $50/party (including
paying for the internet).

That situation can work, and is a good starting point, but after having done
it for 4yrs with one sitting in my basement, I would be willing to pay an
extra $20/month just to have somebody keep it up to date with PTFs and such.
That's why I am holding my breath for iDevCloud.com as I know Jim and Larry
are continually working with IBM to come up with further offerings.

Aaron Bartell
www.MowYourLawn.com/blog
www.OpenRPGUI.com
www.SoftwareSavesLives.com