I put together an app using jQuery Mobile I am not completely happy with, yet. You can find it here:

http://www.asaap.com/asaap3/ASAAP?action=MobileDefault

The full access analog (the web site it is an alternative to) can be found here:

http://www.asaap.com/asaap3/ASAAP

This is a software application I sell that helps school districts manage their employee attendance (both absences and time worked).

You can sign on to either web app using the userid of 10123 and a password of 1234. (you can try both and see what the "full" web version is like vs just the mobile version). The mobile app still needs quite a bit of work for maintaining the absence information. Existing absences show up with a purple highlight around the border but I should probably just retrieve and display that information so that it can be maintained. Still need to add some functionality.

I'll post up a PhoneGap Web App next and then a full mobile app later on. I spent way too much time with the jQuery stuff assuming it would be a fairly quick app to throw together (always famous last words). I had some issues with the JSON/Ajax loading of the selects. There is a "feature" in jQuery Mobile that prevents it from happening easily. However, someone posted a workaround that works quite well so that got me going again.

These are live applications. They are accessing the DB2 for i database on i. They are Java servlet apps at the back end but could just as easily be RPG since they just deliver JSON through an Ajax call.

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.asaap.com
www.opensource4i.com