I lost track of what was being discussed a couple of days ago.....

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Henrik Rützou
Sent: 11 October 2010 21:08
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Microsoft .NET frontending IBM i

This is a redicules discussion, are we talking about webservices or are we
taking about
a mobilphone requesting a simple server query ?

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 9:32 PM, <TAllen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

WSDL is a standard. The WSDL should define the service itself (endpoint,
operations, etc.) but not the data. The schemas do that and you still have
those even when using a straight POST.

Thanks,
Todd Allen
EDPS
Electronic Data Processing Services
tallen@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Maurice O'Prey"
<Maurice.Oprey@xm
li5.com> To
Sent by: "'Web Enabling the AS400 /
web400-bounces@mi iSeries'" <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
drange.com cc

Subject
frontending IBM i

Please respond to
Web Enabling the
AS400 / iSeries
<web400@midrange.
com>

Aaron Bartell wrote
You don't need to know a lot about WSDL's until you start developing
more complex data streams that talk to many different platforms and
languages. <snip>
you will inevitably say to yourself: why not simplify this approach to
use
HTTP
POST + simple XML (like I said earlier in this post).

Isn't that just prolonging the problem? Lazy programmers talking to other
lazy programmers?

I kind of thought WSDL was a standard? (if not lets go back to exchanging
CSV text files). One system to another (one system) is not an option.

Maurice O'Prey