No reason not to shamelessly promote. I do when the request warrants it :)

Yeah, I gave up on native ASP.Net too when I found out IBM had done the work, but wouldn't let it out the door. The lukewarm response from Rochester this summer sealed the deal :)

The closest we got was using the Mainsoft technology which is cool because you actually DO develop in Visual Studio and they convert it to Java runtimes.

We've used Mainsoft for a few production applications, but it's still easier to deploy .Net on a Windows server and it's much more mainstream as well.

Do you guys use VB or C# for language of choice ?

I've found that most RPGers gravitate towards VB because the syntax is a little simpler. Include me in that camp as well even though I do a lot of Java too :)

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com<http://www.rjssoftware.com/>
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

Hi Richard

First point, our web site is ancient and was put together in 10 minutes (we
produce good web applications for our customers but our own web site comes
way down the list of development priorities!).

I don't think our site suggests anything magical? We do obviously run
ASP.NET on Windows servers and just use a database access layer to
communicate with either DB2 or SQL Server (the choice is made at table
level). We simply use the IBM provider like any others. We do implement data
caching to reduce the number of calls to the DB2 database (or SQL database)
but really the complexity lies in the application design and business logic
just as it would in any other scenario.

As regards to running .NET natively on the iSeries I gave up that dream a
long time ago, and if my verbiage suggests that we do then I best change the
wording a.s.a.p. (new site will be along soon).

P.S. I am not promoting my business in this group (you would have to be
kidding!!).

Regards

Maurice