--
Mike Wills
http://mikewills.me

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Richard Schoen
Once a company goes with Java, PHP, etc... RPG
is really no longer needed and neither is OS/400 ...

Are you sure? In my office, we were just the issue of deleting courses
from our
course catalog. What if child records exist? Course Prerequisites?
Course
Objectives? What if a class has already been scheduled that taught that
"course"?

Do you want to move all that investigation and decision making down to the
servlet?

In our scalability discussion, Java experts were just suggesting that
developers
might need to serialize methods that implement business rules like that.
The
application server won't do it for you. Are you sure you want to move that
type
of processing to the servlet?

-Nathan