Aaron,

On 10/7/2010 11:13 AM, Aaron Bartell wrote:
Not trying to nit pick, but that isn't what you said. We *should*
care about being able to support thousands of web users. The world
population isn't getting smaller and we can't run our businesses
without a dynamic internet presence because customers expect to be
able to get real-time information on their orders.

You should do what's appropriate to _your_ situation.

My company has been in business for 56 years, and we have around 500 employees. The odds that it'll ever grow into something that requires 100,000 users is obnoxiously small. We don't even have 100,000 customers, much less 100,000 employees using the software.

The extra money, time, and efforts it would take to produce software that supported 100,000 users is really not practical or worthwhile for my shop.

Similarly, I don't drive a bus to work. After all, there's only me in the car, it doesn't really make sense to drive a bus. If my situation ever changes, and I do need to bring 40 friends with me, then I'll buy the bus at _that_ time.