Aaron,

just for the record - JSON, XML, CSV node support is in powerEXT Core that
is
MIT licensed.

Regards
Henrik

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

One slight correction. I am using the JSON subprocedures from
RPGNextGen.com (Mihael Schmidt) and not the ones from powerEXT. This is
where licensing makes a difference because I can't use any of the powerEXT
code outside of the powerEXT Core (which is basically a wrapper for
CGIDEV2). On the flip side, Kevin Turner of Renaissance, with the MPL
license, just gave me his blessing to start utilizing their code in
OpenRPGUI (just loaded Renaissance on my V6.1 machine this morning) with
very fair onuses back to OpenRPGUI.

I know you are not a fan of the licensing talk, but this is exactly the
reason why every software developer needs to have at least a medium
understanding of how the various licenses work. Many wrongly assume that
if
they find source on the internet that they can use it however they want.
Yes we could send everybody over to gnu.org to read endless lawyer speak,
or
we could educate based on scenarios - so hopefully what I have said
benefited some.

Btw, hijacking the 5250 data stream can now be done with RPG Open Access
fairly easily. Check out Profound Logic's approach to this which is quite
excellent (I haven't used it, I have only seen the demos).
www.ProfoundUI.com <http://www.profoundui.com/>

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog/