From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Michael Ryan
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 1:16 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Remote db2_connect in PHP

I want what I want and I want it right now! :)

Ok...I see that caching is turned on...data cache and page cache.

I did try it with a renamed copy, and was facing the same problem.
But...I
fixed it. The problem is that I'm not sure how. It worked with a
technique
that I had tried yesterday and it failed. I may have been thrashing, and
then combined it with suggestions that may not have been correct or that
may not have implemented correctly. Here's my connect now...

<?php

function RTRGetSystemName() {
$systemname = "MYRMTSYS";
//$systemname = "*LOCAL";
return $systemname;
}

function RTRdb2Connect() {
// Establish connection to database
$systemname = RTRGetSystemName();
$username = "MYUSER";
$password = "MYPASS";

// Connect with db2 functions for everything that's NOT a program call.
$conn = db2_connect($systemname, $username, $password);
if (!$conn) {
echo 'Connection failed: '.db2_stmt_error().':'.db2_stmt_errormsg();
}
return $conn;
}

$db2connection = RTRdb2Connect();

?>

And then I use $db2connection throughout the rest of the script. This
works
fine. I've gone through permutations of db2_connect and i5_connect, but
this
simple was is the way that works. Cleaning up to do, and simplifying and
moving stuff around but it's doing what I want.

Thanks for the help Jon and Mike, and thanks to all for the suggestions.

- Michael

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>