While I have not tried connecting without the Relational Database Name being different than what I am connecting to, I think it does need to be there. I even saw one install where one of the database names was "localhost". That took some time to figure out why we always got DB/2 data instead of MySQL from the desktop.......

Jim Oberholtzer
CEO/Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects, LLC