When you run that from QShell does it output any errors?

Do you know if they have some sort of logger (i.e. log4j) that could be
turned on via a command parm?

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog/

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Transforming HTML into PDF is something I've been interested in for several
years. I'm beginning to put some time & effort into it now because we must
include PDF reporting capability in a new product, which is intended for
school teachers, parents, and students.

Aaron Bartell shared some information recently about his HTML2PDF4i
utility, which I've been able to test on my server. Now I'm interested in
testing pd4ml, for comparison purposes.

pd4ml is a commercial product, but they allow a free download of their
pd4ml_demo.jar file for testing purposes. So far, I've been able to
successfully convert a number of HTML pages to PDF via the Pd4Cmd utility,
running under QSH, using syntax like the following:

java -Xmx512m -Djava.awt.headless=true Pd4Cmd 'http://www.w3.org' 1200
-out w3.pdf

The Pd4Cmd transforms HTML from an external reference (http://www.w3.org,
in this case) and generates w3.pdf, which is stored in a local IFS
directory. However, when attempting to transform a local (
http://www.radile.com) HTML document to PDF, the generated PDF is blank,
except for the "demo watermark", which is evidently a feature of the demo
jar. Any ideas about solving this problem?

java -version is "1.4.2"

Thanks,

-Nathan.