From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 20 April 2010 23:10
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Why use PHP? What are the disadvantages?

Neill

if you issue

abc = new myAjaxCall();
result = abc.result;

your result field will be nothing because the ajax call hasn't finish when
you ask for the result in the upper scope

Henrik

"Neill Harper" <neill.harper@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
20-04-2010 23:34
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries'" <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WEB400] Why use PHP? What are the disadvantages?

I don't understand what you mean by scope executes asyncrone?

Scope isn't that hard to understand, and already exists in RPG sub
procedures anyway?

May be RPG doesn't need full OO abilities, but all I can say is my bext
most
flexible RPGIV code has been written in a pseudo oo fashion.

Where a handle is returned to represent the object and it is passed to
"member methods" that accept the object as a parameter.

Would it really be hard for IBM to put some syntactic sugar around that
and
pass it off as OO.