From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 2:38 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Why use PHP? What are the disadvantages?

Den 19/04/10 18.23, Aaron Bartell skrev:
That is a bit like saying RPG was created to output reports and can't be
used to produce web pages. Do you see the flaw in your argument? PHP is
much more today than it was even 5 years ago.

I have no experience with the PHP of today, but if there is one thing I
have learned, it is that you need an abstraction layer on top of HTML
and Javascript to make it scalable and maintainable. Like JSF in Java
which allows you to say "I need a form which links to this Java code,
and with these fields, and that field over here must be validated
against a database etc. etc." and then generate the necessary code.

Is this the case in PHP of today?