Forgive me David if this sounds like a sales pitch as that is not my
intention!

Here is the answer to your first question: Yes, Zend Server Community
Edition has been released!

To make things simpler (and as a result a tad confusing) Zend has
decided to distribute only one LP. Depending on how you license it will
determine what version you get. Now there are three ways you can deploy
this single LP.

1) No license - Has PHP runtime and runs as Zend Server CE and will not
receive updates, etc.

2) No cost License - Again runs as Zend Server CE but does receive
updates (Silver support level). This is a result of the partnership
with IBM and support is available one year from your first download of a
server centric solution. This means that is you downloaded Zend Core
six months ago and download Zend Server today you will receive six
months of support for Zend Server at no charge. If this is your first
download you will get 1 year of Silver support.

3) For charge license - Runs as Zend Server - This version has the PHP
runtime and all the extra features turned on like Code Tracing, Job
Queue, Monitoring, etc. This is only available as a Gold or Platinum
support. To see info on Zend support levels see here:
http://www.zend.com/services/support/production-sla

In all cases, the product will run for 30 days with full features
enabled. After the 30 days it reverts to Community Edition where it
will still run PHP but the advanced features will not be enabled unless
you have installed a permanent key.

The differences between Zend Server and Zend Server CE are outlined at
the Zend Website at: http://www.zend.com/en/products/server/editions

Now for your second question.
Yes, Zend Server may be installed side by side with Zend Core. But as
there may be conflicts with your existing applications so we recommend
that you only run one at a time. The product installs into a completely
separate set of directories with a new document root
(/www/zendsvr/htdocs). We also upgrade Zend Framework. This allows
migration of scripts can happen in a controlled manner. To make a long
story short, there was way too many changes in the plumbing to make an
automated migration a reality. Please test your applications thoroughly
before deploying to production!

There are a lot of enhancements to Zend Server CE like a single Apache
server, Optimizer+ and the Java Bridge. Please let me know if you have
any questions! That's what I am here for!

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mike

mike.p@xxxxxxxx Cell: (408)679-1011 Office: (815)722-3454