The "Run SQL Scripts" program that is available in the System i Navigator uses the JDBC driver.

Open the Run SQL Scripts program, see the Connection menu, there is a JDBC Setup option there.

Craig Pelkie

----- Original Message ----- From: "CRPence" <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: midrange.web400
To: <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Calling a stored procedure that exists on the As/400from PHP

Since the OpsNav database SQL interface uses the ODBC driver, and
since that feature can call stored procedures and return data [both
parameters and result sets], the function is definitely there. As
well, that surely there are thousands of others able to use the
driver with stored procedures returning such results in their
applications. Thus finding a specific statement to the contrary, is
probably not worthwhile; i.e. time would be better spent actually
examining the what & why of any difficulties in using the ODBC with
stored procedures.

Regards, Chuck

Gqcy wrote:
Yes, we do have Client Access installed, and are using that ODBC
driver. I'm looking for a newsgroup/chat that I thought I saved
that spoke of the problem that the ODBC driver had, as to not
handle the data passing from a stored procedure.

Kelly Cookson wrote:
Sorry, I don't know too much about using ODBC to access the IBM
i.

Do you have Client Access (Access for Windows or whatever IBM
is calling it these days) installed on the Windows machine? If
so, could you use the iSeries Access ODBC Driver to do what you
need? I don't know...just trying to come up with possibilities
for you.

Gqcy wrote:

This is our case. Our production PHP server is on a windows
box, an we use ODBC to the system i. However, from what I
gather (which is VERY limited), stored procedure calls with
returning data don't work with the ODBC connector (well at
least I can't get any data back)