I will look into that. As long as it can run in headless mode then it
should work.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog/

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Shannon ODonnell <
sodonnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's a method I came up with about 7 or 8 years ago to convert HTML pages
into JPEGs. Seems like it'd be a trivial step from that point to convert
the JPEG into a PDF using iText.

I have not tried this technique in probably 6 years or more and the I.E.
browser has changed quite a bit since then...however, it SHOULD still work
with maybe some minor modifications. It worked well then and I used it in
production setting (slightly modified version) for awhile until that
particular project got derailed (for non-related reasons).

In this example, I had the java code running on the PC...but it doesn't
have
to be. It's java. It can be ported to your IFS and ran from there just as
easily (I think). There wasn't anything special or unique in any of the
java code that I can remember that would not run from the iSeries.

Anyway, give it a shot. You'll have to put a little sweat equity into it
but heck, if you wanted a packaged solution that did everything you wanted
straight out of the box, it wouldn't be free. :-)

How to Convert HTML into a JPEG

http://www.itjungle.com/mpo/mpo062002-story01.html