Actually, readfile() will take an absolute path. You can use it to read
in a file anywhere in the IFS.

Brian May
Project Lead
Management Information Systems
Garan, Incorporated
Starkville, Mississippi

Young i Professionals
http://www.youngiprofessionals.com

Grizzly Malchow <grizzlym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/02/2010 10:07 AM
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WEB400] View a PDF document from IFS using PHP with ZEND

You can use the function readfile to load the file to the browser so that
it can be downloaded. In this case, as far as I know, the pdf needs to
reside somewhere under the document root directory so that PHP can access
it. I haven't had a need to access files on our IFS using PHP. If I did I
might just create a symbolic link somewhere under the document root that
linked to the IFS folder I wanted access. I'm not sure if that's the best
solution, but I would think it would at least work.