Thanks Aaron.

I think I actually assumed it on my own. I wish I could blame somebody, but
sadly it's me I have to blame.

What I did find out is that if you use GET parameters it does not go through
the life cycle phases. Which for me is not really a problem. This is
supposed to be fixed in the next release of JSF 2 though.

I did skim that article yesterday actually. Honestly if it was up to me I
would probably not choose JSF and I would probably use Wicket. The main
reason we are going with JSF because it's Sun, IBM and Oracle backed. It's
probably not going anywhere any time soon. Plus using Facelets really helps.

--
James R. Perkins
http://twitter.com/the_jamezp