I disagree with almost all of your points so I won't digress into each
individual one. You seem bitter and I can understand that - I have seen the
same creep into my professional career. Things like RPGUI allow me to have
fun again - like when I didn't have cares in the world. Am I trying to
relive my childhood? No. I am wanting to live for the first time in my
adulthood. Don't ask me why, but I get giddy when I find somebody willing
to share something without anything more than a pat on the back in return
(or nothing at all in return). I have been giving code away for about 8
years now (when I started mowyourlawn.com) so it is somewhat second nature
to me and I don't have issue with it. RPGUI has already greatly suceeded
and greatly failed depending how you look at it - I view it as a great
success and now I am looking for the next great success. Maybe it is just a
stepping stone to another framework, that I don't know, but would be
completely fine if that was the end result. In the end I am dreaming in
color and loving every second of it.

Each person has areas where they like to spend their time outside of work.
Mine just happens to be things like RPGUI and music. If being a part of a
coding community that works jointly at developing something greater than
what they themselves could have created isn't your thing, that is completely
fine - I am sure you have other areas in your life that you choose to give
back to the community you live in. You have already shared many things on
the forums that I have benefited from, so you obviously get some sort of
"feel good" from participating - I guess we just choose what level we get
involved because we don't want to risk getting burned. BTW, your point
about the JSON being slow was timely as just this morning I published sample
CGI pgms to the SVN repository that will allow us to test performance (
http://rpgui.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rpgui/beta/QTEST/). Open source
projects need people that point out flaws, and if that is the role you play
with RPGUI then I am all for it (because I know you know what you are
talking about) - so thanks for that.

I do appreciate your direct response so I know where you stand. Now you
also know where I am coming from a bit more.

Aaron Bartell