is interested.

[Aaron raises his hand] Tell us more please :-)

Aaron Bartell

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Aaron Bartell
There are a lot of AS400 companies out there that aren't afraid to open
up their checkbook and pay three digit hourly wages to someone that
knows what they're doing (personal experience in the 5 years I have been
a vendor).

You appear to be lucky. That has NOT been my experience. Too many
companies outsourcing work to India at $15 per hour.

It seems a lot more prudent for me to stick to my game plan, which is to
continue offering commercial licenses to software for less than it costs to
hire onshore (and offshore) resources to duplicate.

BTW, I did complete an interface to enable RPG developers to interface with
JSON-based clients (like ExtJS) with a remarkably streamlined API, if anyone
is interested.

Nathan.
www.relational-data.com