From: Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, December 30, 2009 5:27:55 AM
Subject: [WEB400] PowerExt (www.PowerExt.com)

Has anybody else had exposure to PowerExt (www.PowerExt.com)? I was just
informed of it by a gent needing RPGUI support. It is also GPL v3. It has
similarities to RPGUI as it is RPG based and interacts with ExtJS. It is
more mature than RPGUI at this point.

I loaded it on my machine and see that it has a very clean code base (some
of the cleanest code I have seen), though the doc blocks lack descriptions
of what the code is actually purposed for (not a huge deal, but definitely
slowing me down).

Of particular interest to me is how the ExtJS forms/fields are generated.
If you install it you can see what I mean in POWEREXT/QSRC,PXAPICDM.

The other prominent piece is localization (something I don't always have at
the forefront, but have learned enough times the hard way that now it is
definitely on the priority list).

Best I can tell it was first introduced in mid Oct 2009.

Aaron Bartell
www.SoftwareSavesLives.com