I recently found and tried Scott Klement's examples on how to write a TCP/IP
server program.

The program is working well, however, I have a few issues and questions.

1. Debugging the code, I found the program is called twice. The first
has the instruction I issue in the browser example

http://a4gi501:6999/?rtvcust
<http://a4gi501:6999/?rtvcust&S2K&LSP&%22customer%201234%22>
&S2K&LSP&"customer 1234". It is called again with other values. The question
is, where is the second call coming from? I believe it may be the apache web
server. If it is, I would like to understand why. I thought the call would
go directly to the program that is listening. I am using the SERVER3L and
SERVER3I example.

2. The program is spawning off the requests correctly, however, I
would like the system to re-use the batch job and not end it. I am concerned
that on a busy site, the jobs numbers would be used up in a few days.

Thank you

Darryl Freinkel

Assignment 400 Group, Inc.

Tel: 770.321.8562 ext 111 | Fax 770.321.8562 | 2247 La Salle Dr, Marietta
GA, 30062, USA | PO Box 72556, Marietta, GA 30007-2556