Yep, let's share ideas and help each other out. Note that I initially was
going to use XML as the intermediary layer but determined that JSON was
better fit because it will be more performant in my scenario. It will be
more performant because much less data will be sent across the wire, and
JSON is more quickly parsed/composed on the client than XML because of it's
nativeness to Javascript. Really, in the end, JSON is a great alternative
to XML for more than just communicating with a browser because of it's
simplicity and yet still maintaining the main things you need in XML (i.e.
tagged data, groups of data, repeating data, basic data types).

In your case you might want to do some performance testing to see if JSON
might also be a better fit given it's simplicity and less verbose syntax.
Note that you can use the JSON *SRVPGM from RPGNextGen.com for the RPG end
(which is also what I am using in RPGUI).

Aaron Bartell