I wonder if this would work:
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.paginator.html

39.1. Introduction

Zend_Paginator is a flexible component for paginating collections of data and presenting that data to users.

The primary design goals of Zend_Paginator are as follows:

* Paginate arbitrary data, not just relational databases
* Fetch only the results that need to be displayed
* Do not force users to adhere to only one way of displaying data or rendering pagination controls
* Loosely couple Zend_Paginator to other Zend Framework components so that users who wish to use it independently of Zend_View, Zend_Db, etc. can do so