Hi Kelly,

<vendor response>

You might consider using OnePoint Portal to handle user authentication, authorization, navigation, and access to PHP applications. Contact me privately, if interested. OnePoint offers three (3) choices for authentication:

1. OnePoint User Profile
2. IBM i User Profile
3. User Defined (such as LDAP)

We use QSYGETPH when authenticating against IBM i user profiles, which may trigger the following errors:

CPF2203 E User profile &1 not correct.
CPF2204 E User profile &1 not found.
CPF2213 E Not able to allocate user profile &1.
CPF2225 E Not able to allocate internal system object.
CPF22E2 E Password not correct for user profile &1.
CPF22E3 E User profile &1 is disabled.
CPF22E4 E Password for user profile &1 has expired.
CPF22E5 E No password associated with user profile &1.
CPF22E6 E Maximum number of profile handles have been generated.
CPF22E9 E *USE authority to user profile &1 required.
CPF24B4 E Severe error while addressing parameter list.
CPF3BC7 E CCSID &1 outside of valid range.
CPF3BDE E CCSID &1 not supported by API.
CPF3C1D E Length specified in parameter &1 not valid.
CPF3C3C E Value for parameter &1 not valid.
CPF3C36 E Number of parameters, &1, entered for this API was not valid.
CPF3C90 E Literal value cannot be changed.
CPF3CF1 E Error code parameter not valid.
CPF4AB8 E Insufficient authority for user profile &1.
CPF9872 E Program or service program &1 in library &2 ended. Reason code &3.

In the event of an expired password, the user is able to key a new one, which is again validated against all IBM i password rules.

If you're going to be doing much web application development for different types of users, you'll need something more robust for managing user authority and access, too.

</vendor response>

-Nathan