Nathan,

Actually, Matt Haas told me about the %D parameter. I guess Robert found
it in the documentation.

Apache logging was turned on because I can see the request in the HTTP
access log. This is in a QA environment and no one else was calling the
web services. I executed the web service call in SOAPUI and when it
finished I looked at the access log right away. The response size in
bytes does match between SOAPUI and the HTTP access log. It is just
strange why the response times don't match. If anything, I would expect
the response time in SOAPUI to be a little longer than what is in the HTTP
access log rather than the reverse.

Dean

Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/27/2009 06:17 PM
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WEB400] Measuring web service performance

Dean,

Where did you find the "%D" log format option? I've looked at the
documentation at apache.org and also at the IBM i Information Center. But
I can't find it.

Was Apache logging turned OFF when you tested from SOAPUI. I can see
logging itself adding some overhead.

Nathan.