Walden H. Leverich skrev:
The ten connection limit does as far as I know not apply to network connections (only file sharing etc) and I sincerely don't think that the license agreement is violated. Please enlighten me :)

Answer 1... The only people that can definitively answer MS licensing questions is MS... call them.

Answer 2... For example: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314882. Read the Note in the cause section and the Per development paragraph toward the end of more info.
(and what does it take to be a server OS, must "server" be in the name?)

The server OSs are tuned differently and have reliability as the key design point, not usability. Sure, it's the same kernel, but it's a different build, make no mistake.

Also, XP is like 10 years old, W2K8 is about 1 year old, which do you think is a better OS for today's hardware? :-) Still running V4R5 on your i-series?
Excellent question ;-)

Well, we still run V5R3 on our i, and it is up to the customer what they want to use on the PC for this purpose :-)

Quite related to this topic: Since I wrote the web application which all this is about, I have constructed the necessary embedded web container which behaves like our other components (might have mentioned it, Jetty is so nice) so I have suggested that we do the necessary work to let the i be our official platform for this web application. That would be SO nice - no more Remote Desktop trickery - just WRKLNK :-))