I think you have a CCSID problem. What are you using to create your
scripts?

I highly recommend using Zend Studio for Eclipse. It works quite well.
You will need to enable SSH on your box though. If you need assistance on
that, just ask.

Brian May
Project Lead
Management Information Systems
Garan, Incorporated
Starkville, Mississippi

Young i Professionals
http://www.youngiprofessionals.com

"Cyndi Bradberry" <CyndiB@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/11/2009 12:09 PM
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<WEB400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WEB400] PHP Help ?

I know this is not the correct forum, please point me in the right
direction.

My problem. I have installed Zend Core for i5. The install went easily,
without a hiccup. I can access the configuration pages. I have the book,
?The IBM I Programmers guide to PHP?. On page 245, it says to run the
following script:
<?php
Phpinfo()
?>
The resulting page should have ?IBM_DB2? on it to confirm that the db2
extensions are installed.
This is what I get back :
@@Lo@??? %@@@@@???????M]@^ %@@on %

On the Zend Core configuration page, I have this:

ibm_db2 - IBM DB2 Database Access Installed

Name Value

ibm_db2.binmode 1

ibm_db2.i5_all_pconnect 0

ibm_db2.i5_allow_commit 0

ibm_db2.i5_dbcs_alloc 0

ibm_db2.instance_name

I?m guessing that something here is wrong, but I?m not sure what. If you
can point me to the manual with the instructions that I should be using,
I?d appreciate it.

I also tried this script from the PHP: Zend for i5/OS redbook:

************Beginning of data**************
<HTML>
<?php
$conn = if_connect("localhost","OPERIT","ITOPER");
if (!$conn)
die("<BR>Connection using \"localhost\" failed. Error number =
".i5_errno()." msg=".if_errmsg())."<BR>";
else
echo "<BR>Connection OK <BR>\n";
print "Date is: ".if_get_system_value("QDATE");
i5_close($conn)
************End of Data********************

This is the resulting page:

@@LÈãÔÓn %@@Lo??? %@@@[????@~@??m??????£M???????¢£kÖ×ÅÙÉãkÉãÖ×ÅÙ]^
%@@@??@MZ[????]
%

I have got to have something severely messed up. I appreciate pointers to
manuals. I was just looking, our CCSID is 65535. Could this be the
problem ?

TIA,
Cyndi B.
Bosie, ID