I keep the pwds complex, long, mixed alpha and nbrs & expire every 60
days.

You're a masochist! Complexity is one thing, but 60 days? You know
you're extra security has resulted in the customer writing the password
down on a sheet of paper and cursing your name every 60 days, right? :-)

Less graphics = better response time.

True, or at least good reuse of images and scripts, provided you allow
for client-caching. Use consistent images and image name (_including
case_) and graphics aren't that bad. Plus you can always move the images
to alternate servers for performance.

Expect users with older browsers, multiple browsers, old versions of
Adobe, etc.

Measure. Measure. Measure! Simplest thing to do is put google analytics
in your app. Then you _know_ what _your_ users are doing, and you're not
developing for what the world is rumoured to do. Also decide how old
you're willing to support, and stick to it. IE6 is dead (but still used)
but decide if you need full support of IE6 or just some support.
Remember, no one supports Netscape 4.7 any longer. :-)

-Walden