Not sure if this will help our web developer to get a library list.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/d
dp/rbal1faquselibrarylist.htm

Can I use a library list for resolving unqualified table and view names?

The iSeries(tm) server supports a limited capability to use the
OS/400(r) system naming option when accessing DB2(r) UDB for iSeries
data from a non-iSeries DRDA(r) client program such as those that use
the DB2 Connect(tm) product. Previously, only the SQL naming option has
been available when connecting from unlike DRDA clients. System naming
changes several characteristics of DB2 UDB for iSeries. For example:

The library list is searched for resolving unqualified table and view
names.
When running a CREATE SQL statement, an unqualified object will be
created in the current library.
A slash (/) instead of a period (.) is used to separate qualified
objects names from the library or collection in which they reside.
Certain authorization characteristics are changed.
For details, read about server naming in the iSeries SQL Reference book.
For more information about the implications regarding authorization, see
Planning and Design for Distributed Relational Database.

DB2 Connect supports the specification of generic bind options on two
of its program preparation commands, the pre-compile (PREP) command and
the (BIND) command. OS/400 naming can be specified on either of them as
in the following examples drawn from a Windows(r) batch file:

For DB2 Connect V8 and higher:

DB2 PREP %1.SQC BINDFILE OS400NAMING SYSTEM ...
DB2 BIND %1.BND OS400NAMING SYSTEM ...

For DB2 Connect pre-V8:

DB2 PREP %1.SQC BINDFILE GENERIC 'OS400NAMING SYSTEM' ...
DB2 BIND %1.BND GENERIC 'OS400NAMING SYSTEM' ...

Note that on the Windows development platform, single quotes
(apostrophes) are used around the generic option name/value pair. On an
AIX(r) or UNIX(r) platform, double quotes should be used.

Note: For iSeries V4R5 and V5R1, the name of the option is AS400NAMING,
not OS400NAMING.

The only valid value for the OS400NAMING option besides SYSTEM is SQL,
which is the default value, and the only possible option from a
non-iSeries client prior to the introduction of this feature.

If you use the OS400NAMING option on the (BIND) command but not on the
(PREP) command, then you may need to code a parameter on the (PREP)
command that indicates a bind file should be created in spite of SQL
errors detected by the server platform. In the case of DB2 Connect, the
SQLERROR CONTINUE parameter is what should be used for this purpose. The
capability is described as 'limited' because in certain situations, the
client-side software may parse an SQL statement intended for execution
on the remote server. If a slash instead of a period is used to separate
a schema id from a table id, as is required for server naming, the
statement may be rejected as having improper syntax.