Trust me, I am not blind enough to say that i5/OS is secure enough. If I
were hooking it up to the web, I would still put it at security level 50 and
have a firewall in front of the system, amongst other things to lock it
down. I personally don't know fully what mod_security even does. But I have
have heard of a few different uses for it.

My comment was more tongue-in-cheek than a blanket statement. I am NOT that
dumb.

To those talking about porting mod_security yourself, the places I have
worked raise an eyebrow you when say, "I have to install open-source ported
application X on the iSeries to get this to work." THAT is my concern for
someone just porting it rather than IBM porting it and giving us an optional
install.