Sean Porterfield
From: Rob Dixon
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 11:29

Sean

<snip>
I have never read up anything on this model. Until your post, I had never
heard of MVC. Having had a quick look, it seems unnecessary complex, at
least in an OS/400 environment using CGIDEV2. I do not have handlers,
callback, dependency graphs, event dispatching threads, etc. - just good old
RPG. However, I do have my own business modeller which is held in my own
database and is updated by the 6Mb of code. This controls which exit
program is called and much more.

Based on my experience, I am sure that you should make the split.

What version of OS/400 are you on? Roughly how many programs to recode?
What is the number of source lines in the larget program?

If I can help more, please let me know.

Rob Dixon