Hello list.

I've just set up a new server instance in Apache and started it. Most of
the values are based on the default Apache server that comes with the OS.
When I start the instance and go to the default index page .... I get
something that looks like this:

㱨瑭氾ਊ㱨敡搾਼浥瑡⁨瑴瀭敱畩瘽?-潮瑥湴ⵔ祰攢⁣潮瑥湴㴢瑥硴⽨瑭氻⁣桡牳整㵩獯ⴸ㠵㤭an㸊㱴楴汥㹓慭灬攠䡯浥⁐慧攠景爠
䅐䅃䡅䑆吠卥牶敲㰯瑩瑬放਼⽨
敡搾ਊ㱢潤礠执捯汯爽∣䙆䙆䙆CGਊ㱨au慬楧渽≣敮瑥爢㹓慭灬攠䡯浥⁐慧攠景爠䅐䅃䡅䑆吠卥牶敲㰯栱㸊㱈㌾⁗敬捯浥^4漠䭩獣漠䥮景牭慴楯渠卹獴敭猼⽨㌾㱢爾
㱢爾਼瀠慬楧渽≬敦琢㹔桩猠楳^4桥⁳慭灬攠桯浥^0慧攠景爠瑨攠䅐䅃䡅䑆吊獥牶敲Ⱐ瑨攠摥晡畬琠獥牶敲映瑨攠㱩㹉䉍⁈呔倠卥牶敲⁦潲⁩卥物敳㰯椾㱥派ਨ灯
睥牥搠批⁁灡捨攩㰯敭㸮ਊ㱰⁡汩杮㴢汥晴CG䥦^9潵^7慮琠瑯⁳敲癥⁡摤楴楯湡氠灡来猠畳楮朊䅐䅃䡅䑆听^0污捥^4桥洠楮^4桥 睷眯慰慣桥摦琯桴摯捳⁤楲散瑯特
⸠呯ੳ敲癥⁡⁤楦晥牥湴⁨潭攠灡来^4桡渠瑨楳湥Ⱐ牥灬慣攠瑨攠楮摥砮桴浬੦楬攠楮^4桡琠摩牥捴潲礮ਊ㱰⁡汩杮㴢汥晴CG䅤摩瑩潮慬⁈呔倠獥牶敲猠捡渠扥⁣
牥慴敤⁡湤੣潮晩杵牥搠批^0潩湴楮朠祯畲⁗敢⁢牯睳敲^4漠瑨攠㈰〱^0潲琠潦^9潵爊楓敲楥献⁙潵^7楬氠湥敤^4漠浡步⁳畲攠瑨攠䅄䵉丠獥牶敲⁩猠獴慲瑥搮੔漠
汥慲渠浯牥Ⱐ灬敡獥⁲敦敲^4漠瑨攠㱡੨牥昽≨瑴瀺⼯睷眮楢洮捯洯獥牶敲猯敳敲癥爯楳敲楥猯獯晴睡牥⽨瑴瀢㹐牯摵捴੄潣畭敮瑡瑩潮-敮瑥爼⽡㸮ਊ㰯扯摹㸊㰯
桴浬㸊

My system CCSID is set to 37 .... could this be the cause? The index file
itself in the htdocs folder looks just fine.

BTW: I get the same result in IE and in FireFox.

Rich Loeber
Kisco Information Systems
http://www.kisco.com