From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Niels Liisberg
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 2:00 PM
To: 'Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Pete's web5250 was->Re: Business Developers was -
Re: IBM Gives RPG Devotees Their Own Café

Gents;

Just to follow up on my idea before Christmas. ? to build a JSON AJAX
client for 5250 data.

I have made a simple running prototype so I?m convinced it can be done.

This tiny emulator demo is written 100% in RPGLE, and can be used as
workstation scripting screen scraper prototype.

The current version is simply is using plain HTML, but the real goal -
a more fancy JSON / AJAX providing data for JavaFX or just javaScript
will be super simple to implement.

The prototype is fare from stable and lot of stuff to be done, but you
can give it a try it on:

http://icebreak.org:60000/icecap04.aspx

Login with user: DEMO and password: DEMO ? You need to type in
UPPERCASE

? please don?t do anything stupid while you logged on .

The source is available at:

http://demo.icebreak.org/webfiles/icebreak/iceCap.zip

The iceCap.zip contains the following:

iceCap.rpgle.h The prototypes for the client

iceCap04.aspx This is the tiny emulator
implementation
written in RPGLE for IceBreak

scv242.c The iceCap API module that
deals
with all the ugly 5250 stuff

vtTrace.txt A JSON log of a simple session
login
on, CFGTCP etc.

I have used IceBreak as the server (I?m a little biased here) but I
have made the iceCap API reentrant so it can be ported to CGIDEV2 if
anyone will be interested ?

The code is a monolith ? I know ? it?s a prototype ? don?t complain?

Best regards

Niels Liisberg
IceBreak Chief SW Architect

System & Metode Technologies