Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.....

You actually have several options. (Let's see if I can do this without
sounding too much like a salesperson :-)

First, you can run your application on IBM i (with MySQL on IBM i) and
"tweak" the PHP in the application to occasionally dig in to DB2 when
you need it. Like customer number integration. Maybe you want to add a
field in Sugar that stores the customer number and want to
validate/synch it against the ERP Customer master in DB2. Then, when a
Salesperson wants to see YTD sales on the Sugar dashboard, all you have
to do is write a little PHP I/O in SQL taking the customer number to the
AR files in DB2 and put it up. Or, you can call an RPG program to pass
the data, etc. To the user it is seamless integration and you have a
CRM implemented for the low-low cost of..................Nothing!
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/php/index.html

Second option, IBM is in the process of wrapping the private beta for
the DB2 Storage Engine. This storage engine will allow PHP (and other)
applications to think they are interfacing with MySQL and the data is
actually stored in DB2. This solution would be nice for companies who
would like to put their Sugar CRM data on the green screen! Yes, I said
put your Sugar CRM data on the Green Screen!!!!
http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/21430.wss

Third option, Say you have an AIX LPAR...ODBC across the internal LAN of
the IBM i.

Fourth option, say you have a Linux LPAR (or guest partition)...ODBC
across the internal LAN of the IBM i.

Fifth option, say you have a Windows Blade... ODBC across the internal
LAN of the IBM i.

Personally, I like number one and can't wait for number two!

Sound tempting???

Regards,

Mike