:)

I suspect JavaFX to be quite popular in some time. For Java programmers it's a no-brainer to use FX to build nice looking desktop apps. As a RIA platform, the fact that it is an extension of the Java platform (JFX is compiled to normal Java classes), in combination with the ease of building a slick UI, and Java being open source, and having the Java platform at your disposal (you can mix your JFX code with - your own - Java classes) makes for a huge potential. Also Sun works hard to make the JVM more agile, breaking it up into different pieces to reduce start-up time and resources.

Imagine how users will react if you put a thin JFX interface onto your "i" apps....

From: liisberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 15:22:44 +0100
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Pete's web5250 was->Re: Business Developers was ->Re: IBM Gives RPG Devotees Their Own Café

john e wrote: Maybe it's an idea to replace the bloated browser with a
java client, JavaFX to be precise<

Hi John.

I had never heard about JavaFX - but after browsing around, download it to
my NetBeans .. must say .. I'm in love :)

The language is a crossover between java and javascript. Fx is a dynamic
language where you access java classes and define object just like in
javascript. Very slick way of inherence and the way to expose methods as
properties with a simple "bind" keyword - is just brilliant.

JavaFX is actually another good argument for making the 5250 javascript
proxy - JavaFX will just swallow the JSON stream I am talking about....

Best regards

Niels Liisberg
IceBreak Chief SW Architect

System & Metode Technologies