The answer is: It is open source and I understand the tn5250j license on which it is based, it should be able to be integrated with any other open source project as ong as the license trems are met (it's GPL IIRC)

The basic Web5250 stuff was some thrown together, proof of concept stuff I did years ago (at least 5) while I was trying to come up with a menuing system that would be web based but could still run 5250 apps. The basic idea was that as 5250 programs were replaced with web based analogs the end user wouldn't have to learn a completely new menuing system to go anywhere but the existing browser. So I built with prototype which is really just a very thin layer (well, not thin enough for Nathan!) over the top of tn5250j. Just parsing the 5250 stream and sending it to the browser with a servlet. Really, nothing more than that. I started on a keyboard mapping add on and was working on a way that a user could set preferences for colors, fonts and the like but I had other projects that I needed to make money with so I set web5250 aside.

Always ready to contribute to the Open Source community, expecially if it can continue to enhance the IBM i OS platform.

Pete

Niels Liisberg wrote:
Pete wrote>> I learned more than I wanted to when I wrote the web5250 stuff, rendering 5250 directly into the browser (no plugin needed, just a browser, since it was producing "pure" html)<<

Hi Pete;

I'm not familiar with your "web5250 stuff", but I have come across some
request in that directions.

Is it possible that we can bundle it into the soon coming open-source of
IceBreak?

Best regards

Niels Liisberg
IceBreak Chief SW Architect

System & Metode Technologies
Håndværkersvinget 8, DK-2970 Hørsholm
Phone: +45 70 20 36 10 Fax: +45 70 20 30 11
Direct: +45 45 177 055
Mobile: +45 31 158 861 E-mail: nli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.system-method.com and www.Icebreak.org