I think we are in heated agreement about the i not being talked about in
the real world by IBM or anyone else,... at least so the real world
non-i-geek would understand. And I think we are in heated agreement
about OS/2 as well.

And on the OS/2 subject... FYI, IBM sales people DID NOT have any
incentive to sell OS/2. The reason why I say that is I WAS in IBM
sales offices and saw what was incented to sell. OS/2 would not garner
the sales person any commission of any consequences unless they sold
about 300 copies. Sooooo, since IBM didn't make it worth while, sales
didn't push it.

And in the current software development and sales environment... at
least from what I see...
often staunch i platform APPLICATION DEVELOPERS in the past are now
making versions of their software for other platforms as that's what
customer's know about and consequently are asking for. As far as the
sales side, IBM Business Partners I see have taken on other vendor's
products or services, like.... MicroSoft and ORACLE... because that's
what customers know about and want. In both cases, to support and grow
the revenue stream of the BP.

Dave

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <ravn@xxxxxxxxxx> 12/19/2008 16:49 >>>